Do you find it difficult to have a conversation about yourself or your disability with others?
Are you confused about what to say when someone asks you to introduce yourself?
Our friend Raj, who is from a village in Karnataka, faced similar barriers. After losing out on different job opportunities, he decided to make a tool that would help him talk about himself and his physical disability with confidence. Today, Raj is doing an internship in a manufacturing company.
Are you curious to know what tool Raj built and how that helped him have better conversations?
If yes, you are at the right place!
- Learning Objectives
- Kavita’s First Day with New Team
- Climbing the Corporate Ladder with Muscular Dystrophy
Step #1 – Who Am I?
- Impactful Introductions
- “So, What Do You Do?” - TEDx Talk by Clay Hebert
Step #2 – My Dreams
- Meeting Ram and Shyam
- Who Am I?
- Bonding Over Cricket!
Step #3 – My Experiences and Skills
- Radha – The Travel Bug
Step #4 – My Strengths
Step #5 – My Assets
- Rishi’s Timeline
Step #6 – My Journey
Step #7 – Work With Me
- Parental Support in the Journey of PwDs
Step #8 – Tools and Solutions
- Breaking Barriers with Communication Card
- Can People with Severe Disabilities Work?
- Inclusion – A Shared Responsibility
- Points to Remember